Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Who Should Pay

One day I found myself thinking about relationships and first dates. When someone goes on a date, which person should pay? Should it be the guy, the girl or both? Everyone has an opinion, so I decided to interview some people.

One of my friends from high school, Athena Rose "When going on a date I think you should plan on going Dutch (50-50). Now if someone offers to pay let them just make sure you pay for something else throughout the date, or next time you everyone likes to be paid for so return the favor every once in awhile. It's not all up to a certain person."

Aaron says that “Typically on a first date I feel the man should pay for everything. After can be a different matter."

Olivia believes that "when you go out on a first date should pay. If it's going on a romantic dinner or something else, he should pay. But if it's like going out to the movies you both should pay. It actually depends. If he offers, make sure he's okay with it.”

Everyone has their own opinions on the subject. I agree that most of the time it should be that the man who pays, but I also hold a few exceptions to this rule. If it is the guy’s birthday or a day to celebrate something in his life such as a new job or honors in school or work then the girl should pay. I also believe that if she is the one to ask him out to the date then the girl should pay. That being said any other time I believe it should be the guy who pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment