Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Friday, January 16, 2015

Black Box of Gratefulness

I am grateful for my kitchen full of food. I am lucky and blessed to live in a country that gives money to the people who can’t work. Without the money I get each month, I would have to live in my mother’s basement again. I love my mom a great deal but we are too different to live together. I try not to think about it because my lack of a large family who shares my beliefs is depressing. I try to remind myself that there are people in this world who are all alone. There are people who somehow live without family or friends checking in on them. I don’t know how they do it. I have a hard enough time just dealing with the fact that I have no one to share my religion or my vegetarian food. I have no one to cook for or clean for but I try to be grateful for my apartment with heat, running water, electricity and a full kitchen. I don’t have a lot of channels but at least I have a working TV that I can watch the news on every morning. I don’t have the money to buy a new book every time I finish reading the last one but I can go to the library every day and check out any book or movie I want. I am saving money to buy a house one day. I am grateful for the ability to own something on my own. I own my truck and one day I will own a big house. Today I am grateful for my full belly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment