Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Monday, December 29, 2014

Spending less money and Asking for what I want part one

Instead of stressing about the things I don’t have or how long it will take me to save for the things I want, I have come up with a plan.
I want to pay off my debt, buy a house and travel to India for six months.
These three things will take a lot of money so I have to see where I can cut expenses. I want to keep my apartment, my truck and my cell phone so I will keep paying those bills every month.
 I like to watch movies but I don’t really need to go to the movies or buy DVDs when there are movies for free at the library. Yes I will most likely have to go to the one downtown but that is not so bad, at least I have a running truck.
 I have been over eating lately and it just hit me really hard this morning. I was reading about children who were living on only a hand full of rice twice a day. Not an adult handful either.  That’s it just a small bit of rice and dirty water. I can buy an entire weeks’ worth of their food for less than a dollar.  So way would I ever need more than $15 dollars’ worth of food a month? If I eat less I will spend less money and lose weight too. So I tried it.
One big meal a day and fruit, tea or something lite whenever I get hungry.  I did not eat something every two hours. I did not eat at set times. I just listened to my body and ate when I needed it. Well guess what. Just two days into this new “diet” and I have more energy than I have had in years. Less migraines and muscle pain. Best of all I can think! The fibro-fog has lifted! This alone seems like a miracle come from the simplest of changes.
 I still get enough migraines and pain that I can’t lift heavy things or stand on my feet for long periods but I am happier. Some people might look down on me for not working a typical job or going to the food pantry when I run out of veggies but I don’t want their life so their words don’t matter. It is ego and pride that has keep me from asking for help. Reading about other people’s suffering kicked that real quickly. I truly believe God will give me what I need if I just ask for it.
 Now back to my main point. Since I am not spending money on food or movies. Since I am only paying the bills and for Gas in my truck. I have more money to put aside each month for paying off my debt, buying a house and booking a plane ticket to India.  It will still take me years to save up the whole amount for each thing but not as many years. So what’s next?

The things I want that don’t have to cost money. Being happy, enjoying my life with passion and not being alone. All of that will come in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment