Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Monday, January 23, 2012

For the Love of Water

I have always had a strong love for the water which is quite ironic considering that I live in the land locked state of Kentucky.  I did not always live so far from the ocean, I was born in Florida.  Well actually it was a small little island in Tampa Bay. Even though I was born on the island and I am quite sure I have water in my veins I did not live out my childhood by the ocean.  My family moved up to Kentucky before I had even turned two years old.  My family has been going back to the island for one week every year for as long as I can remember.  I spent my childhood mostly in Kentucky with one bless it week a year on my island. Every year I would count down the months until it was time to go back to my island. I make do with whatever rivers, lakes, and creeks I can find.  Some people would tell me to buy a pool but to me it is not the same. I crave the beauty of the natural waters of this wide world.  I love the ocean but I also love lakes and rivers. I would rather swim for hours on end in a river then for just one hour in a pool.   If my friends or family can’t find me they head for the closest body of water, knowing that is where they will find me.  Weather it is a river, lake or the ocean itself I can always be found there, wading in the water or sitting on the bank journal in hand writing about the beauty of the water.  My family and friends might think I am crazy but I really would not think twice about jumping into the ocean or a river with all my clothes on.  I am at home and at peace in the water.  I hope to find myself in such peace again soon.

1 comment:

  1. nothing can change the old memories but we should be proud that we live them..

    ReplyDelete