Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Writing the first draft of my memoir

I don't have any idea what I am writing but at least I am still working on it.  I am making six hundred or more words a day. I am just going to keep typing until I make seventy thousand words, then I will edit it over and over again until it is ether good or gone. I think this is a good way to work.  Today I don't know how I feel or think except that I want to make it to seventy thousand words.  Why? Because I want to prove to myself that I can do it even if the first draft is nothing but crap. I don't believe it will be complete crap though because there has to be something good in one hundred pages of writing on a single subject. I am only thirty-eight pages in and I know that some of it is good so it stands to reason that some more good writing will come out of eighty plus pages. Sure doing it this way will take a lot of time and work but that's what writing is all about. It is an addiction, a passion that has to come out in whatever format it wants to. I don't have any control over this draft and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment