Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Advice from the Past

Once a very good friend of mine said “I always imagined you as a late afternoon or evening writer.”
 He himself was a late night writer and playwright. Sadly he has passed away. Often I have moments when I wish he could give me advice.  It is during these moments that I remember the miracle of Facebook.
 About a month after his death, I was obsessing about schedules again so I got on facebook and found this little piece of advice.  “I always imagined you as a late afternoon or evening writer.”
It had been a year and a half since he first typed those words.  As I looked back at all the schedules I tried to make I noticed one common theme. I was always writing sometime after dinner.

He was always right and still I kept trying to change my own flow.  So now I have an alarm set on my phone to go off at 9pm every night.  I have to have a start time or else I will sleep through it if I have a migraine. Even if I sleep all day I know I will still get at least an hour of writing done each day. I start at 9pm and write until I am tried again. I usually always get at least an hour in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment