Email - Asduggins@yahoo.com
Text or voice mail - (859) 414 - 6975

Monday, November 26, 2012

Travel & Exercise


Quotes and inspiration from Travel, There’s nothing like a little fresh Air By Nancy Trejos (@nancytrejos) USA Today Tuesday November 13, 2012

Sadly I have not been able to fly much, but I have still traveled quite a bit. Whether I travel by plane or car, over the last few years I have always traveled with only a carry-on bag.
“Chris McGinnis travels with just a carry-on bag, which leaves little room for running shoes. When he wants to exercise during a trip, he takes long walks.”
When I went to the convention in New Orleans this past March, I did quite a bit of walking. I had to, I didn’t have a car and some streets were too narrow for one anyways. When I travel by car I don’t walk nearly as much as I should.  I have never been to what you would call a “walking friendly” hotel. I didn’t even know such a thing existed until I read this article by Nancy Trejos. I have been missing out.
“The Hotel Wolcott in Midtown Manhattan provides pedometers and walking maps at the front desk.”
I wonder if you get to keep the pedometer after your stay is over?
“Affinia Hotels, which has properties in New York and Washington D.C., offers guests a Walking Tour Kit that contains an Ipod Shuffle or Nano loaded with Affinia Walking Tours and workout playlists, a City Walks deck of cards, a city guidebook, a map pedometer and towel.”
Even with all that I don’t think I would be walking around New York or D.C. in the middle of winter.
“The Hotel Palomar San Diego has a “Walk this Way” package. In addition to a deluxe room, guests get a pedometer, bottled water, power bar and foot lotion. Those who walk more than 10,000 steps the day they check in get 50% off a room if they return to the Palomar San Diego or Palomar Los Angeles by the end of this year.”
Too bad I won’t have the money for a plane ticket anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment